Search This Blog

Monday, October 1, 2018

Chronic pain and appreciating the simple things in life


Chronic pain and focusing on whats important in life


chronic pain woman freedom sunrise
Image source - Pixabay
Prior to going through my experience with chronic pain in the form of fibromyalgia I used to fret over the silliest things such as what people thought about me and I used to be highly materialistic. Now these things mean absolutely nothing to me. If tomorrow I lost all my possessions I would not care one bit. The only things in life I care about now are my family, my partner and my friends. I get annoyed at people who try to foist upon others what the meaning of life is and how they should be living their lives.

How someone lives their life is up to them and nobody else. Just recently I logged onto Facebook and I noticed that this lady had put up a long diatribe on the meaning of life. The crux of her diatribe was that life was what you make it. I don’t believe that at all and I don’t appreciate those who think it is their duty to dictate to others how they should perceive the life they live. Hence the reason why I avoid life coaches as I find them to be of no use whatsoever and in fact they cause me to dive into an even deeper well of depression and despair.


chronic pain bird tree branch
Image source - Pixabay

Chronic pain and what we have control over in life

I think there are certain things in life that we have a semblance of control over such as our weight or how we treat others. However, when it comes to our health I think we only have a modicum of control over this and this is also applicable to our career. Following my experience with fibromyalgia I now have no tolerance for those who are fixated on their career, acquiring material possessions and striving to climb the social ladder. I avoid those people at all costs. If I have gone through a day with little to no pain then I am happy. 



Related blog



A lady by the name of Caroline has written a blog entitled When I Realised I Don't Have to 'Get Better' to Be Ok which discusses how her chronic panic following an injury which was minor has made her appreciate the little things in life. After reading this blog I felt very uplifted. Its definitely worth a read. Also, a blog with the title Connection, Disconnection and Chronic Pain by a blogger who goes by the name mycuppajoe discusses how they managed to reconnect with the things in life that mattered to them despite suffering from chronic pain. This blog is very inspiring to read.

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog.

Does your chronic pain make you appreciate the simple things in life? Please leave a comment below.

Related posts






No comments:

Post a Comment

Chronic pain and friendships

Chronic pain and forging friendships Chronic pain  and making friends can be extremely difficult. I can honestly say th...